HOW TO USE CLUBHOUSE FOR YOUR BUSINESS,
PROS AND CONS COMPARED TO OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Are you wondering how you can use the newest social media platform Clubhouse for your business?
You hear all the buzz on the video but do your really want to get on another social media channel?
The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJ4mRy-z6o
However if you want to read what is in the video the notes are below.
We are going to cover some CLUBHOUSE BASICS
1.This platform is AUDIO ONLY. There are no videos or images. Its kind of like live streaming a podcast and people can add their input.
2.Clubhouse is new way of being able to find people that have the same interest as you do and hear what they have to say, and you can have a say too.
3.Each user has a bio that includes a head shot and written content. Right now, you can write a super long bio/resume. However, who is going to read it all?
4. You can add a direct link to Twitter and or Instagram in the bio.
5. On the platform there are rooms that have a moderator or two and they pretty much keep the room flowing with dialogue and some order of control.
6. If you put your hand up, you could be pulled up on the stage by the moderator. Once there you can answer a question or ask a question or add to the conversation.
You can also just stay in the audience and listen to what everyone is discussing.
Please remember when you are pulled up on the stage to turn your mic off because it comes on automatically when you are pulled up.
7. If you want to set up your own room, you can decide who can join you. You have a choice of OPEN- anyone can come into the room, SOCIAL – only your followers can come in the room, CLOSED – you get to decide who you want to come into the room.
You can decide who you want to follow or what club you would like to follow. Then the platform will advise you when a room has been opened with them in it.
YOU CAN GET SUCKED INTO THE BLACK HOLE
Yes, it is a social platform so you can get sucked in the black hole.
I have seen many business owners get sucked in the black hole with Instagram. As a business owner you need to have a strategy or else you waste a ton of time. Using Instagram for business is totally different than using it as a personal social tool.
Clubhouse is a social media platform so you will need a strategy as well.
That is why I wanted to share with you this very moment what my perception is as a business owner and some pros and cons to using it as a marketing tool.
Let’s go over HOW CLUBHOUSE COMPARES TO OTHER SOCIAL PLATFORMS
My mission is always to find the best digital options for a business. Keeping that in mind I am going to look at it in a different manner rather than using it for personal use.
HERE ARE THE BENEFITS COMPARED TO OTHER SOCIAL CHANNELS (PROS)
1.It is truly AUDIO ONLY (for now) and no one can tape it.
2. If you don’t like being in front of a camera then this is a perfect social media channel for you.
If you are a podcaster then you are going to love this platform. Now you can have people ask you questions and get their feedback. A lot of the users are podcasters as they gravitated to this platform quickly.
3. There are direct links to Instagram and Twitter in the bio area so people can reach you there to continue the conversation. When you receive a DM then it increases your engagement level on Instagram and Instagram’s algorithm starts sending out your content to more people. You could possibly get more Instagram followers by increasing your visibility.
4. The bio section let’s you write a big, long bio or should I say resume. Currently there isn’t a restricted number of characters that can be used. At least it doesn’t look like it for the time being. This is where you can let other users know who you are helping and how you help.
5. Since it is new there is a chance you can gain followers quickly. It is like a big race for the already Instagram heavies. Most of the Instagram accounts that have a big number of followers have not seen much organic growth they were used to before 2018. So that group embraced Clubhouse quickly out of the gate. Don’t get discouraged seeing some already big follow numbers.
6. Clubhouse is a perfect place for networking and building relationships like no other platform. You are present and it is easy to make a connection and decide if you want to further reach out to that person or for them to seek you out.
7. There are loads of businesses on the platform. You will find that most are there to collaborate and to add value.
HEAR ARE SOME OF THE SHORTFALLS COMPARED TO OTHER SOCIAL CHANNELS (CONS)
Pease note that Clubhouse is still in the beta process, so these shortfalls maybe not be an issue soon.
1. The app is only for IOS , iphone users. Not available for Androids yet.
I2. f your customers/clients are more visual learners, then this platform might not be embraced by them.
3. You can waste time if you get people in rooms that like to pitch themselves to nausea level. However, the moderators are getting more experience and know how to stop these annoying people. If you are brought up on the stage and the mic is opened to you then have a quick elevator pitch that is only going up two floors. You will gain a lot of respect by keeping it succinct.
4. As business owners we like to reuse content, but you cannot tape this. The best you can do is send people to your Twitter or Instagram account.
The CLUBHOUSE is in beta stage so almost each day you see something new to the platform. If you don’t like change then this might be slightly frustrating.
Watch for more blogs to see Clubhouse Hacks and How you can Build a Strategy for the App.
If you are an entrepreneur you will find our guests on LADIES IN BIZ PODCAST interesting. They share their stories and give us helpful tips we can use.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GET STARTED