How To Market Yourself & Feel Great About It!
Marketing yourself can be extremely powerful and is especially important to Solopreneurs, Service-Based Businesses and Experts. In all those cases, your brand is YOU, so people need to see, trust and like you.
However many of us can feel guilty or vain about it. So why is it so important to market yourself and how can you do it to feel GREAT about it?
Why it’s important to market yourself:
1. People buy from those they like and trust. Big brands get personal too. Tesla and Elon Musk, Apple and Steve Jobs. Celebrities endorsing products.
2. If you have great content, but people don’t see a face behind the brand, you’re loosing big time. Don’t be shy of becoming an expert in your field.
3. You can’t be everything to everyone. Speak to your niche/ideal client!
4. On the same note, know that not everyone will be drawn to you. But this will help in attracting the right clients and repelling the wrong ones.
5. Portraits of you will have the most engagement and social media runs on engagement!
“Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You
— Tom Peters
How to market yourself & feel great about it!
- Be sure to share personal images and stories that give your brand life and make it feel less corporate and less generic. Prospective clients want to know if they’ll like you, feel comfortable with you and if they’ll enjoy working with you. Use the photos to share more about yourself and your values.
- Use the photos to educate your prospective clients about the experience. Share your expertise and they will be happy to work with you!
- Choose a photographer who doesn’t over-process photos. You need to look your best, but still like You. Don’t use old photos, many people find that deceiving.
- Try your best to be authentic with your imagery! You don’t need to be fake!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR GUEST BLOGGER AND AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER: AGNES KIESZ , Founder, Pure Studios
Not only is Agnes our guest blogger but she is one of our guests on Ladies in Biz Podcast. On the podcast she shares how important it is to find your niche and when you might consider offering a discount to your customer.